Sunday, September 10, let’s kick-off the fall with games and food at Fred Fletcher Park! We will gather from 6:00-7:30pm with our friends from St. Paul’s Christian Church (DOC). Dinner will be served and please wear tennis shoes! We will be set up on Washington Street; look for the Hillyer van!
Sunday, September 10 and 17, from 9:45-10:30am, Youth Handbells practice will kick off for this fall. They will perform on Sunday, September 24 for both services. If your young would like to play, please contact Bill Rashleigh.
Flamingos Are On The Move…
If you don’t want to get caught with a flamboyant flock of fowl on your front yard, buy your insurance today for $50! Buying insurance gives you one relocation by our Flamingo Extermination Experts to the yard of your choice! If these pretty-in-pink birds make it into your yard, for a small donation, our Flamingo Extermination Experts will also relocate them to the yard of your choice. All proceeds go to Youth Missions, the YES scholarship fund, and the Bundy Scholarship. Act now! Come October they will fly south for the winter!
Middle and High School Fall Retreats…
It’s time to register for the CYF (high school) and Chi Rho (middle school) Fall Retreats!
- Friday, September 29, CYF will travel to Camp Caroline for Fall Retreat. The church van will leave at 4:00 p.m. on Friday and return by 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 1. You may even recognize our keynoter, Rev. Catherine Campbell!
- Friday, October 6, Chi Rho will travel to Camp Caroline for Fall Retreat. The church van will leave at 4:00 p.m. on Friday and return by 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 8. You may recognize that keynoter too: Beth Morris!
- The cost for both retreats is $90 ($75 for RCYW).
- September 10: Youth Kick-Off (Fred Fletcher Park)
- September 10, 17, 24: Youth Choir/Handbells
- September 29-October 1 : CYF Fall Retreat Caroline)
- October 6-8: Chi Rho Fall Retreat (Camp Caroline)
- October 13-15: All Church Retreat (Christmount)
- October 22: Crop Walk (NC State)