- Sunday, April 10, there will be NO Youth due to Faith in Action Sunday.
- Also, Sunday, April 10 at 6:00pm (following the 5:00pm Faith in Action worship) the youth participating in the band for Youth Sunday will have band practice.
Parents, please plan to stick around or attend Table Talk (if attending Table Talk, Catherine will walk your kids down to you).
Faith in Action…
Sunday, April 10, instead of our normal Sunday morning worship hours, we will put our Faith in Action. There will be four separate mission stations throughout the county for Hillyer volunteers to serve the community. Those stations include:
- Greenway Trail cleanup, Blue Jay Point, 3200 Pleasant Union Church Road, Raleigh, 9:30-11:30 am, Susan Gray, coordinator
- Prayer Shawl ministry, 2209 The Circle, Raleigh- 9:30-11:30 am, Sharon Richardson, coordinator
- Greenway Trail cleanup, Reedy Creek Trail, 4797 Reedy Creek Road, Raleigh, 9:30-11:30 am, Catherine Campbell, coordinator
- (FULL) Habitat For Humanity, 960 Skinner Drive, Raleigh- 8:00-11:30 am, David Mallory, coordinator
- In order to plan for each worksite, we do need you to signup. Please contact the church office, use the online sign-up, or contact the site coordinator to register your attendance.
- Additionally, the sanctuary will be open from 9:00 am-noon for individual communion and meditation. Please realize that this is Rock-n-Roll Marathon Sunday, so access to the church will be limited.
- Our Faith in Action day will conclude at 5:00 pm as the entire congregation gathers in the Hillyer sanctuary for Sabbath day worship.
Calling all Musicians…
- Sunday, May 15 is Youth Sunday, Senior Sunday, and Pentecost. We are inviting all youth musicians to play in a band directed by Scott Dickinson. Ensemble practices are as follows:
- Sunday, April 10 at 6:00pm (following the Faith in Action worship)
- Sunday, April 17 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, May 1 at 5:00pm
- Please bring your instrument, music, and if possible, a music stand with you to each practice.
- Sunday, April 17, there will be Regular Youth (Hillyer Live at 4:15pm, Snack Supper at 6:00pm, and Youth from 6:30-7:30pm). All CYF helping with Youth Sunday should be present.
- Sunday, April 24, there will be Regular Youth (Snack Supper at 6:00pm, and Youth from 6:30-7:30pm). This is a recent change and a re-scheduled Youth. Hillyer Live at 4:15pm TBD.
- Sunday, May 1, there will be Regular Youth (Hillyer Live at 4:15pm, Snack Supper at 6:00pm, and Youth from 6:30-7:30pm).
- Table Talk continues Sunday, April 10 at 6:00pm at The Stag’s Head, 106 Glenwood Ave. If you have youth participating in the youth band, Catherine will walk them down to Stag’s Head following practice.
- Youth contribute $3 each for their meal. Food costs will be offset from those contributions. Please make sure if your child is eating you send $3 cash with them!
Important 2016 Summer Camp Registration Info…
- Several changes have come with the release of the 2016 Summer Camp Registration information. We wanted to simplify the timeline in order for families with children and youth to better plan their summer and fee payment schedule.
- Each youth will be awarded a $100 scholarship from Hillyer towards their total 2016 camp fees. In order to receive this scholarship, you must register through Hillyer with the following guidelines:
- Friday, April 29: Last Day for Refunds
- After April 29, no refunds will be issued. Prior to April 29, you can be refunded minus a $100 penalty from the region ($50 for weekend camps). Registrations using the YES Fund will be responsible for paying back the refund penalty to Hillyer.
- Friday, April 29: Last Day for Refunds
- This year, your youth will not be registered with the camp until your full fee payment has been recorded at Hillyer. We are ready and available to answer questions, address concerns, and assist with YES Fund Scholarships.
- The Yes Fund is a need-based event scholarship available through application for Hillyer members. With the changes in fees, the YES Fund will not cover refund penalties or the $25 fee up-charge to registrations past March 10.
- Hillyer provides transportation to camps with 4 or more youth registered. Transportation is first come, first serve and will be finalized by May 15. After May 15, youth will only be able to be added as space allows. Otherwise, youth are responsible for their own transportation.
- If you have a question or concern, please ask!! Communication up front with Catherine or Donna Moore is encouraged! Communication will help us help you have a fun and enriching camp season!