Hillyer Youth News, April 3, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups are back this Sunday! We are dying Easter Eggs! Bring a friend because this youth group will be EGG-cellent!
- We are looking for three youth volunteers to help Richard and Deborah Ruggero pass out water bottles at the end of the 11:00 service this Sunday. Let me know if you are interested!
- Come join us for Sunday School this week. We have a special guest! Mary Catherine Hinds, from Church World Service, will be speaking to all of our Sunday School classes about the Sand Dam project. The goal of this project is to raise money for clean water initiatives. We will be collecting dimes in plastic water bottles to help raise money.
- Seniors, it’s about that time. I need copies of your senior pictures as soon as you can get them to me. Also, I want to know your plans for the future. What are you doing after high school?
- If you are in 5th grade and younger, please meet Luke and Caroline in the Fellowship Hall at 10:30 on April 13th for Palm Sunday. All kids will be given a palm or two to wave during the beginning of the 11:00 service. We are also in need of a couple of parents to help with crowd control. If you are willing to hang out in the Fellowship Hall on April 13th and help direct the children, please let Luke (336-202-1354 or Lhmiles2@gmail.com) or Caroline (336-456-1142 or email@example.com) know.
- Don’t forget to sign up for camp. You can download the registration form here.
- It is time to sign up for the summer ASP Youth Mission Trip! We will be leaving on July 20 for Chavis, Kentucky and returning on July 26. Total cost for the trip is $175.00. If you are interested in participating, please turn in a $75.00 deposit as soon as possible. We only have 10 slots open and it will be the first ten to sign up. If you have any questions, contact Lynne McHaney.
- Parents…Caroline and Luke need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in April, May, and June, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/?go=s.signup&useFullSite=true&URLID=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens5) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School The entire church is doing the same Sunday School lesson! How cool? Come learn about the meaning, purpose, and significance of Lent. This week we have a special guest speaker for a few minutes.
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group All youth groups will meet and dye Easter Eggs.
April 6: Tie Dye Easter Eggs
April 13: Palm Sunday, No Youth Group
April 20: Easter, No Youth Group
April 25 – 27: Regional Assembly
April 27: Youth Group
May 4: Youth Group – May the Fourth Be With You
May 11: No Youth Group for Mother’s Day
May 18: Senior Sunday, Youth Group, No CYF
May 25: No Youth Group for Memorial Day
June 1: End of the Year Parties