Hillyer Youth News, March 27, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups are on Spring Break this Sunday! See you April 6th for Youth Groups when we are tie dying Easter Eggs!
- The Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser is this Saturday from 8:00 – 10:00 at the Applebee’s on Hillsborough Street. We could still use a few more youth volunteers. Let Luke know if you want to help out. We are looking for Chi Rho to help in the dining area and CYF to help in the kitchen.
- Don’t forget to sign up for camp. You can download the registration form here.
- On Sunday, April 6th, we will be tie-dying Easter eggs. Parents, Luke needs a few extra volunteers that night. If you are interested in helping out, please let Luke know as soon as possible.
- It is time to sign up for the summer ASP Youth Mission Trip! We will be leaving on July 20 for Chavis, Kentucky and returning on July 26. Total cost for the trip is $175.00. If you are interested in participating, please turn in a $75.00 deposit as soon as possible. We only have 10 slots open and it will be the first ten to sign up. If you have any questions, contact Lynne McHaney.
- Parents…Caroline and Luke need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in April, May, and June, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/?go=s.signup&useFullSite=true&URLID=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens5) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
7:45 AM: Meet the Applebee’s on Hillsborough Street to help serve pancakes.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School The entire church is doing the same Sunday School lesson! How cool? Come learn about the meaning, purpose, and significance of Lent.
March 30: No Hillyer Live or Youth Group due to Spring Break
April 6: Tie Dye Easter Eggs
April 13: Palm Sunday, No Youth Group
April 20: Easter, No Youth Group
April 25 – 27: Regional Assembly
April 27: Youth Group
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, enjoy the weather! No snow! Go outside and marvel at God’s creation!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!