Hillyer Youth News, March 20, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups are back on! This Sunday Night is GAME NIGHT with St. Paul’s. Come join us and bring a friend or 83.
- We need all hands on deck to sell Applebee’s Pancake tickets. The tickets cost $7. Luke needs at least a couple of youth to help sell tickets from 9:45 – 10:00 in the Fellowship Hall, and then a few more youth to help me sell tickets after the 11:00 service. Right now, we only have one youth signed up to help sell after the 11:00 service. Let Luke know if you can help ASAP! We need all families who want to attend to buy tickets this Sunday as well. If we don’t hit a certain amount of ticket sales, we will have to cancel the event.
- Don’t forget to sign up for camp. You can download the registration form here. You will need a copy of your insurance card and you will need to know the date of your child’s latest physical. We had about 25 youth register for camp last Sunday, but I know there are more of you are interested. Please sign up as soon as possible.
- We are doing a drawing for free camp this Sunday night at Youth Group! You have to be registered for camp by the end of the 11:00 service and have all parts of the registration complete to be entered. Get your registrations in while you can.
- The Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser is March 29th from 8:00 – 10:00. If you can help serve pancakes and refill drinks, please email Luke ASAP. All youth who want to serve pancakes to help raise money for our mission trips should be at Applebee’s on Hillsborough Street by 7:45 on Saturday morning. This has the potential to be our biggest fundraiser of the year.
- No Youth Group on Sunday, March 30th due to Spring Break.
- On Sunday, April 6th, we will be tie-dying Easter eggs. Parents, I will need a few extra volunteers that night. If you are interested in helping out, please let Luke know as soon as possible.
- Parents…Caroline and Luke need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in April, May, and June, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/?go=s.signup&useFullSite=true&URLID=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens5) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: Sell Applebee’s Fundraiser Tickets
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School The entire church is doing the same Sunday School lesson! How cool? Come learn about the meaning, purpose, and significance of Lent.
12:00 PM: Sell Applebee’s Fundraiser Tickets
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group All youth groups will meet.
March 29: Youth Group Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser
March 30: No Hillyer Live or Youth Group due to Spring Break
April 6: Tie Dye Easter Eggs
April 13: Palm Sunday, No Youth Group
April 20: Easter, No Youth Group
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, think about bringing a friend to youth group. The best way to share God’s love is through the fun of Youth Groups.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!