Hillyer Youth News, February 20, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- No Hillyer Live or Youth Groups this week due to youth retreats this weekend at Camp Caroline.
- All CYF who would like to be a part of Youth Sunday on March 16th must attend youth group on March 9th. Seniors, please have your parts ready to go.
- CYF and Chi Rho will be leaving for their retreats at Camp Caroline on Friday, February 28th at 5:00 from the Hummingbird Lot. Please bring money for dinner on the way down and lunch on the way back. Susan Gray and Bill Rashleigh are driving down. Luke and one more driver will be coming back on Sunday. We will be back at church by 1:00 on Sunday.
- Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. for Power Praisers in the Disciples Drama room! Our children will have the chance to work out their Sunday morning wiggles while praising God with fun Christian songs led by Susan Gray. Contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) or Bill Rashleigh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- On Wednesday, March 5th, HiYA (Hillyer Young Adults) will host the Ash Wednesday Pancake supper in the Fellowship Hall. Doors open at 5:30 and it’s absolutely free! HiYA will be accepting donations for their fall ASP trip.
- After the Pancake Supper, join us in the sanctuary at 7:00 for the Ash Wednesday service.
- Youth Sunday is March 16th. The CYF will be leading both services. Breakfast will be served for the CYF during the two services.
- March 16th is also Camp Registration Sunday. To help speed up the process, please come with the registration form filled out as much as possible. You can download it here. Lynne McHaney and Susan Gray will be running this process. You will need a copy of your insurance card so please bring that with you. Also, you will need to know the date of your child’s latest physical.
- Parents…Caroline and Luke need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in March, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens4) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
5:00 PM: Midwinter and Chi Rho Spring Retreat CYF and Chi Rho meet in the Hummingbird Lot to leave for Camp Caroline. You will need money for dinner.
9:30 AM: Power Praisers Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. before Sunday School for Power Praisers in the Drama Room.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying Christmas this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
1:00 PM: CYF and Chi Rho Return from Camp Caroline All youth will be back at the church by 1:00 on Sunday.
5:30 PM: Ash Wednesday Pancake Supper Come eat pancakes at church to help HiYA raise money for their ASP trip.
7:00 PM: Ash Wednesday Service Join us in the sanctuary after pancakes for the Ash Wednesday Service.
February 28: No Youth Group or Hillyer Live
February 28 – March 2: CYF Midwinter and Chi Rho Spring Retreat
March 5: Ash Wednesday Pancake Supper (hosted by HiYA)
March 9: Hillyer Live and Youth Group
March 16: Youth Sunday
March 23: St. Pauls and Hillyer Joint Youth Group
March 29: Youth Group Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, go for a walk and see the beauty that God has created as Spring begins to appear.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!