Hillyer Youth News, February 20, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups are scheduled to meet this week.
- CYF will be planning their Youth Sunday, which is March 16th. If you would like to be a part of it, please make plans to be there. We also want to invite all seniors to join us.
- CYF and Chi Rho will be leaving for their retreats at Camp Caroline on Friday, February 28th at 5:00. We need your help driving the kids down to camp and back. Right now we have 18 youth signed up so we need an extra vehicle. We are looking for someone to follow the van down as well as someone to come to camp on Sunday morning to help us drive everyone home. Of course, you are more than welcome to stay the entire weekend as we could really use an extra adult at the retreat for the whole weekend. If you are interested, please contact Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com) as soon as possible.
- Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. for Power Praisers in the Disciples Drama room! Our children will have the chance to work out their Sunday morning wiggles while praising God with fun Christian songs led by Susan Gray. Contact Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bill Rashleigh (email@example.com) for more information.
- Midwinter has been rescheduled AGAIN to February 28 – March 2. If you are interested in signing up, download a registration form and turn in your money to the church office ASAP. If you can’t go now, please let Luke know so we can work on a refund.
- The Chi Rho Spring Retreat is February 28 – March 2. Please download the registration form and turn it into the church office as soon as possible.
- Youth Sunday is March 16th.
- On Wednesday, March 5th, HiYA (Hillyer Young Adults) will host the Ash Wednesday Pancake supper in the Fellowship Hall. Doors open at 5:30 and it’s absolutely free! HiYA will be accepting donations for their fall ASP trip.
- Parents…Caroline and Luke need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in February or March, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens4) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:30 AM: Power Praisers Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. before Sunday School for Power Praisers in the Drama Room.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying Christmas this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group All youth groups will meet. J
February 23: Regular Youth group
February 28 – March 2: CYF Midwinter and Chi Rho Spring Retreat
March 5: Ash Wednesday Pancake Supper (hosted by HiYA)
March 16: Youth Sunday
March 23: St. Pauls and Hillyer Joint Youth Group
March 29: Youth Group Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, find a Psalm that helps you center yourself and focus on God. Use that Psalm this week during your prayer time.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!