Hillyer Youth News, February 6, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups are scheduled for this week. Bring a friend!
- Midwinter has been rescheduled to February 14 – 16. You can still register if you are interesting going (see below for more information).
- Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. for Power Praisers in the Disciples Drama room! Our children will have the chance to work out their Sunday morning wiggles while praising God with fun Christian songs led by Susan Gray. Contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) or Bill Rashleigh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Midwinter has been rescheduled to February 14 – 16. If you are interested in signing up, download a form and turn in your money to the church office ASAP (http://www.ncdisciples.com/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2014MidwinterRegistrationForm.pdf). If you can’t go now, please let Luke know so we can work on a refund.
- The Chi Rho Spring Retreat is February 28 – March 2. Please download the registration form and turn it into the church office as soon as possible.
- Youth Sunday is March 16th.
- Parents…Caroline and Luke need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in February or March, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens4) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:30 AM: Power Praisers Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. before Sunday School for Power Praisers in the Drama Room.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying Christmas this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group
February 9: Regular Youth Group
February 14 – 16: CYF Midwinter
February 28 – March 2: Chi Rho Spring Retreat
March 5: Ash Wednesday Pancake Supper (hosted by HiYA)
March 23: St. Pauls and Hillyer Joint Youth Group
March 29: Youth Group Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, email someone in your family and share with them a prayer you have for them.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!