Hillyer Youth News, January 23, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- CYF will be going to Krispy Kreme this Sunday during Youth Groups as a part of our Fellowship and Grow series. Please bring a few extra dollars to buy a donut!
- If you are in CYF, please make sure you sign up for Midwinter. Midwinter is January 31 – February 2 and will be held at Camp Caroline. The cost is $80. Please download the registration form and send it into the church office or bring it with you to church by Sunday, January 19th. If you need a scholarship, please contact Luke.
- Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. for Power Praisers in the Disciples Drama room! Our children will have the chance to work out their Sunday morning wiggles while praising God with fun Christian songs led by Susan Gray. Contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) or Bill Rashleigh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- CYF Midwinter is next weekend at Camp Caroline, January 31 – February 2. Van is leaving at 5:00 from the Hummingbird Lot, but please try to be there at 4:45 because we are pulling out of the lot at 5:00. Also, bring a few extra bucks for dinner on the way down and lunch on the way back.
- No Hillyer Live or Youth Groups on February 2nd.
- The Chi Rho Spring Retreat is February 28 – March 2. Please download the registration form and turn it into the church office as soon as possible.
- Youth Sunday is March 16th.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in February or March, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens4) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:30 AM: Power Praisers Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. before Sunday School for Power Praisers in the Drama Room.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying Christmas this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group CYF is going to Krispy Kreme.
January 31 – February 2: Midwinter Retreat at Camp Caroline
February 2: No Regular Youth Group
February 28 – March 2: Chi Rho Spring Retreat
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, donate some clothes or other items to a local non-profit who need the items. Think about those clothes that you always save because you MIGHT wear them one day, but that one day never comes. Donate it!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!