Hillyer Youth News, January 2, 2014
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Happy New Years! We do not have youth groups this Sunday.
- Join us at Sunday School. The Chi Rho and CYF meet downstairs in the CYF Room in the Youth Lounge. The K-5 kids meet upstairs in Holy Land.
- We will kick off the New Year with a new music and movement program for our younger children. Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. before Sunday School for Power Praisers! Our children will have the chance to work out their Sunday morning wiggles while praising God with fun Christian songs led by Susan Gray. Twirling and jumping encouraged! Beginning January 5, we will meet every Sunday morning in the Drama room on the third floor. Make the commitment now to start a new Sunday morning routine for the New Year. Contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) or Bill Rashleigh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- The first Youth Group Meeting of 2014 is January 12th. See you then!
- There will be a Parent Meeting at 5:30 on Sunday, January 12th. If you have a child in youth groups, please make plans to be at this meeting. As we move forward during this time of transition, it’s important that we are all on the same page.
- If you are in CYF, please make sure you sign up for Midwinter. Midwinter is January 31 – February 2 and will be held at Camp Caroline. The cost is $80. Please download the registration form and send it into the church office or bring it with you to church by Sunday, January 19th. If you need a scholarship, please contact Luke.
- Also, if you are in CYF and you have any interest in applying for RCYW, the application is due by January 24th. You can download the application off the region’s website (http://www.ncdisciples.com/?page_id=50).
- On Sunday, January 19th, CYF are invited to stay after youth groups for a Martin Luther King Jr. lock-in. We will play games, have fun, and learn about social justice. On Monday morning, we will wake up and spend the morning doing some mission work around the community. You must sign up for this event so Luke knows how many people. Please RSVP by Sunday, January 12th.
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). We need a few more volunteers to help us cover the Spring. You can also contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) if you would prefer. If you are have already cooked once, consider teaming up with another family in the Spring.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in January, February, or March, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens4) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:30 AM: Power Praisers Children ages 3-years through 2nd grade are invited to join us on Sunday from 9:30-9:55 a.m. before Sunday School for Power Praisers in the Drama Room.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying Christmas this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
January 12: First Youth Group of 2014
January 19 – 20: CYF MLK Service Lock In – YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THIS EVENT
January 31 – February 2: Midwinter Retreat at Camp Caroline
February 2: Super Bowl Parties
February 28 – March 2: Chi Rho Spring Retreat
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, come to Sunday School. It’s just as much as fun as youth groups!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!