Hillyer Youth News, December 12, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- There is no Hillyer Live or Youth Groups this week. Instead, please come join us for the Community Chorus at Hillyer, which starts at 4:00.
- On Sunday, December 22, the CYF will meet at 6:00 to practice for the Christmas Eve Service. We will eat pizza and practice the service. Please make plans to attend this practice if you plan on participating in the Christmas Eve service.
- A HUGE thank you to Tony and Susan Anderson, Pat and Donna Griffin, and Charlie and Amy Ashby who all hosted a Youth Group Christmas Party this past Sunday.
- Here is a run down for the remainder of the 2013 Youth Group schedule:
- December 22 – Christmas Eve Planning Youth Group for CYF only (if you plan to participate in the CYF Christmas Eve Service, please be at this youth goup)
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Service (CYF will need to arrive early that day to prepare and practice for worship)
- January 12 – First Youth Group Meeting of 2014
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). We need a few more volunteers to help us cover the Spring. You can also contact Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would prefer. If you are have already cooked once, consider teaming up with another family in the Spring.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church and we have already started planning for January, February, and March. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in the 1st quarter of 2014, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens4) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying Christmas this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
4:00 PM: Community Chorus Concert at Hillyer
December 22: CYF Christmas Eve Planning at 6:00
January 12: First Youth Group of 2014
January 19 – 20: CYF MLK Service Lock In
January 31 – February 2: Midwinter Retreat at Camp Caroline
February 28 – March 2: Chi Rho Spring Retreat
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, think about your favorite Christmas Hymn. Whenever you are frustrated, angry, or sad, sing the Christmas hymn to yourself and focus on the words and promises that carol brings. My personal favorite…The First Noel!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!