Hillyer Youth News, December 5, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Instead of Hillyer Live and Youth Groups, all youth groups will be having their own Christmas Party this Sunday. The home addresses for each party was sent out in an email earlier this week.
- The JYF Party will be at Tony and Susan Anderson’s home from 5:30 – 7:30. All JYFers need to bring a drink and snack/dessert to share as well as a $5 – $10 gift for the White Elephant gift exchange (please no gag gifts).
- The Chi Rho Party will be at Pat and Donna Griffin’s home from 5:30 – 8:00. All Chi Rho-ers need to bring a drink and snack/dessert to share as well as a $5 – $10 gift for the White Elephant gift exchange (please no gag gifts).
- The CYF Party will be at Charlie and Amy Ashby’s house from 5:30 – 8:00. All CYFers need to bring a dessert to share as well as a $5 – $10 gift for the White Elephant gift exchange (please no gag gifts).
- Susan Gray (email@example.com) has volunteered to be the contact person to help people with setting up carpool since we have a few families with kids in multiple groups. Please email her if you would like to work something out.
- A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped out with Hanging of the Greens this past Sunday. It was a beautiful service and now the sanctuary is officially decorated for Advent!
- Here is a run down for the remainder of the 2013 Youth Group schedule:
- December 8 – Youth Group Christmas Parties
- December 15 – No Hillyer Live or Youth Group, but please join us for the Community Chorus event at 4:00.
- December 22 – Christmas Eve Planning Youth Group for CYF only (if you plan to participate in the CYF Christmas Eve Service, please be at this youth goup)
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Service (CYF will need to arrive early that day to prepare and practice for worship)
- January 12 – First Youth Group Meeting of 2014
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). We need a few more volunteers to help us cover the Spring. You can also contact Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would prefer. If you are have already cooked once, consider teaming up with another family in the Spring.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church and we have already started planning for January, February, and March. If you are free to volunteer one Sunday in the 1st quarter of 2014, please sign up online (http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=30E044BABAD2DA02-childrens4) or email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying Christmas this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
5:30 – 8:00 (JYF ends at 7:30) Christmas Parties
December 22: CYF Christmas Eve Planning at 6:00
January 12: First Youth Group of 2014
January 19 – 20: CYF MLK Service Lock In
January 31 – February 2: Midwinter Retreat at Camp Caroline
February 28 – March 2: Chi Rho Spring Retreat
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, think about how much patience it requires to wait for Christmas and then focus on what we are truly waiting on this season…not presents or Santa. We are waiting on the birth of the Savior.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!