Hillyer Youth News, November 26, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family! This update is coming a little bit earlier due to Thanksgiving on Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving!
Highlights for the Week…
- All youth need to meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:45 to practice for the Hanging of the Greens. Are any parents/adults willing to volunteer to help with crowd control and coordinate the event? If so, please let Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com) know as soon as possible.
- Due to Hanging of the Greens, there will only be one service this Sunday at 11:00.
- The CYF Youth Leadership Team will be meeting at 4:00 in the church office on Sunday, December 1 to write the final copy of the script for the CYF Christmas Eve Service.
- We will have regular Youth Groups and Hillyer Live this week.
- The Hanging of the Greens service will be at 11:00 on December 1st. As in the past, we will need all youth to help out. Please plan on meeting in the Fellowship Hall at 9:45 on Sunday, December 1st to practice.
- The Youth Group Parties are on December 8th. Each party will run from 5:30 – 8:00. Please bring a $5 – $10 gift for the gift exchange. More specific details will follow in an email later this week for each group.
- Tony and Susan Anderson are hosting the JYF Party.
- Pat and Donna Griffin are hosting the Chi Rho Party.
- Charlie and Amy Ashby are hosting the CYF Party.
- Here is a run down for the remainder of the 2013 Youth Group schedule:
- December 1 – Hanging of the Greens (meet in the Fellowship hall at 9:45 to practice)
- December 1 at 4:00 – CYF Leadership Team Meeting (church office)
- December 1 – Regular Youth Groups, Hillyer Live
- December 8 – Youth Group Christmas Parties
- December 15 or 22 – These dates may be set up as another Christmas Eve planning Sunday. David will be in touch if he thinks we need another Sunday to plan or prepare.
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Service (Youth will arrive early that day to prepare and practice for worship)
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). We need a few more volunteers to help us cover the Spring. You can also contact Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would prefer. If you are have already cooked once, consider teaming up with another family in the Spring.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: Practice for Hanging of the Greens All youth need to meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:45 to help prepare for Hanging of the Greens.
4:00: CYF Leadership Team Meeting The CYF Leadership Team will meet in the church office to write the final copy of the script for the Christmas Eve Service.
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group
December 1: Hanging of the Greens at 11:00 service
December 8: Youth Group Christmas Parties
January 12: First Youth Group of 2014
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, instead of asking God for certain things in your prayers, consider thanking Him for all of the blessings in your life.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!