Hillyer Youth News, November 14, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- The Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In starts on Friday at 7pm. We will be preparing to sell donuts, sausage biscuits, and hot chocolate at the Christmas Parade bright and early.
- The Raleigh Christmas Parade starts at 9am (9:40 to be exact) right in front of Hillyer. Get there early to get a great seat on the front steps to watch the parade.
- The JYF Prime Timers luncheon is this Sunday at 12:00. All JYFers and helpers are asked to be in the Fellowship Hall around 11:00 on Sunday.
- Only CYF will meet this Sunday. There will not be any Hillyer Live either. CYF will be planning the Christmas Eve service.
- The Hanging of the Greens service will be at 11:00 on December 1st. As in the past, we will need all youth to help out. Please plan on meeting in the Fellowship Hall at 9:45 on December 1st to practice.
- The Ashby’s have agreed to host the CYF Christmas Party. We are still looking for JYF and Chi Rho hosts. The parties last from 6:00 – 8:00. If you are interested in hosting, please contact Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com).
- Here is a run down for the remainder of the 2013 Youth Group schedule:
- November 22 – 23 Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In (starts at 7:00 pm)
- November 23 – Christmas Parade (starts around 9:00 am – get there early for parking and good seats)
- November 23 – JYF Prime Timers Luncheon (12:00 in the Fellowship Hall, JYFers be there at 11:00)
- November 24 – Only CYF meet (Christmas Eve Planning), no Hillyer Live
- December 1 – Hanging of the Greens (meet in the Fellowship hall at 9:45 to practice)
- December 1 – Regular Youth Groups, Hillyer Live
- December 8 – Youth Group Christmas Parties
- December 15 or 22 – This may be set up as another Christmas Eve planning Sunday. David will be in touch if he thinks we need another Sunday to plan or prepare.
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Service (Youth will arrive early that day to prepare and practice for worship)
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). We need a few more volunteers to help us cover the Spring. You can also contact Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would prefer. If you are have already cooked once, consider teaming up with another family in the Spring.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Youth This Week…
7:00 PM: Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lockin All Chi Rho-ers bring a drink and snack to share and of course, sleeping stuff and a change of clothes.
9:00 AM: Raleigh Christmas Parade The official start time is 9:40, but get there early to get a parking spot and a place to sit in front of the church.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
11:00 AM: Prime Timers Luncheon Setup All JYFers and parents who agreed to help, please meet Susan Gray in the Fellowship hall at 11:00.
12:00P PM: Prime Timers Luncheon The JYFers will serve and eat with the Prime Timers group.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group – CYF Only The CYF will plan the Christmas Eve service.
November 22 – 23: Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In
November 24: JYF PrimeTimers Luncheon at noon
December 1: Hanging of the Greens at 11:00 service
December 8: Youth Group Christmas Parties
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, consider taking a few minutes to go sit outside and observe God’s creation. It really is magnificent!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!