Hillyer Youth News, November 14, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- Thank you to everyone who came out to Moe’s last Sunday. We had a great turnout!
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups will be meeting this week. See you Sunday night!
- The Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In will be on November 22 – 23. We will start at 7:00 on Friday and end when the parade is over on Saturday morning. Come prepared to do a little work, play some games, have fun, and sell donuts and sausage biscuits. We need volunteers to donate sausage biscuits. More details to follow in an email. SAVE THE DATE!
- The JYF/Prime Timer Thanksgiving Luncheon is scheduled for Sunday, November 24 at noon in the Fellowship Hall. This is a favorite event of both the youth and the Prime Timers! Susan Gray has been in contact with the JYFers and their parents. We need those who signed up to help to be in the Fellowship Hall around 11:00. If you haven’t touched base with Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org), please do so as soon as possible. We would like to have as many JYFers as possible.
- The Hanging of the Greens service will be at 11:00 on December 1st. As in the past, we will need all youth to help out. Please plan on meeting in the Fellowship Hall at 9:45 on December 1st to practice.
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). We need a few more volunteers to help us cover the Spring. You can also contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) if you would prefer.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying the Prophet Isaiah this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group
November 22 – 23: Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In
November 24: JYF PrimeTimers Luncheon at noon
December 1: Hanging of the Greens at 11:00 service
December 8: Youth Group Christmas Parties
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, consider taking a few minutes to go sit outside and observe God’s creation. It really is magnificent!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!