Hillyer Youth News, November 7, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- This Sunday please join us at Moe’s Southwest Grill from 6:00 – 8:00 in Cameron Village for a fun and delicious fundraiser. This fundraiser will support our mission trips, YES fund, and the David J. Bundy Memorial Youth Scholarship. All you have to do is show up at Moe’s in Cameron Village, mention Hillyer at the register when you order, and they will donate 20% of your total bill to the church. See you there and bring a friend or thirty-three!
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups will not be meeting this week. We are encouraging everyone to come out to Moe’s this Sunday from 6:00 – 8:00.
- There will be no Hillyer Live or Youth Groups this Sunday. Instead, come out and eat a delicious meal at Moe’s. All we have to do is show up and eat! Here is what we need from the youth:
- Wear a Hillyer or Camp shirt to Moe’s
- Bring friends and family to Moe’s
- We need youth at the door to welcome everyone to Moe’s. You will also need to quietly remind everyone to say they are with Hillyer when they walk in. If you are interested in greeting people at the door, please email Luke (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). You don’t have to stay the whole time.
- The Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In will be on November 22 – 23. We will start at 7:00 on Friday and end when the parade is over on Saturday morning. Come prepared to do a little work, play some games, have fun, and sell donuts and sausage biscuits. We need volunteers to donate sausage biscuits. More details to follow in an email. SAVE THE DATE!
- The JYF/Prime Timer Thanksgiving Luncheon is scheduled for Sunday, November 24 at noon in the Fellowship Hall. This is a favorite event of both the youth and the Prime Timers! Susan Gray has been in contact with the JYFers and their parents. We need those who signed up to help to be in the Fellowship Hall around 11:00. If you haven’t touched base with Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org), please do so as soon as possible. We would like to have as many JYFers as possible.
- The Hanging of the Greens service will be at 11:00 on December 1st. As in the past, we will need all youth to help out. Please plan on meeting in the Fellowship Hall at 9:45 on December 1st to practice.
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). We need a few more volunteers to help us cover the Spring. You can also contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) if you would prefer.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying the Prophet Isaiah this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
6:00 PM: Moe’s Fundraiser Come join us at Moe’s Southwest Grill in Cameron Village from 6:00 – 8:00 to help raise money for the youth programs.
November 10: Hillyer Youth Fundraiser from 6:00 – 8:00 at Moe’s in Cameron Village
November 10: No Hillyer Live or Youth Groups, Come to Moe’s
November 22 – 23: Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In
November 24: JYF PrimeTimers Luncheon at noon
December 1: Hanging of the Greens at 11:00 service
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, come join in the Fellowship at Moe’s. Sharing meals with your church family is one of the best ways to grow closer to God.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!