Hillyer Youth News, October 24, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! See what’s happening in our church family!
Highlights for the Week…
- This Sunday is the CROP Walk through the streets of downtown Raleigh on Sunday, October 27. The Hillyer walkers will either meet at the church at 1:30 pm or meet at Marbles Museum at 2:00 pm. All proceeds from this event support Church World Service ministries to feed the hungry in our community and our world. Hillyer has always taken a lead role in this ministry. Last year we had more than 50 walkers and raised more than $5,000 dollars. This year we are aiming to exceed both goals. The signup table will be located in the Fellowship Hall every Sunday leading up to the walk or you can register online at http://www.cropwalkraleigh.com/. Make sure you signup to join the Hillyer team. For more information, contact Dave Buckey or Bonnie Cole.
- Hillyer Live and Youth Groups will not be meeting this week. We are encouraging everyone to come out to the CROP Walk this Sunday.
- Caroline and I will be out of town with limited access to email until November 2nd. We will try to respond to as many emails as possible, but if you have any questions that need immediate attention, please contact David Mallory or Lynne McHaney.
- There will be no Hillyer Live or Youth Groups next Sunday, October 27th. We are encouraging everyone to come out and walk in the CROP Walk instead.
- Mark your calendar for Sunday, November 10 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. This fundraiser will support our mission trips, YES fund, and the David J. Bundy Memorial Youth Scholarship. All you have to do is show up at Moe’s in Cameron Village, mention Hillyer at the register when you order, and they will donate 20% of your total bill to the church. Austin Caulder will be working that night so you can watch him roll some burritos! The food is awesome and they serve fresh burritos, tacos, fajitas, and of course, nachos loaded with queso and guac. Tell all your friends and neighbors to come out and join us to raise some money! Don’t forget they have to mention Hillyer at the register! And as always “Welcome to Moe’s”
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). You can also contact Susan Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would prefer.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in November or December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying the Prophet Isaiah this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
1:30 PM: Meet at the Church for CROP Walk Feel free to meet at the church at 1:30 and we will walk downtown, but you can also meet us at Marbles Museum as well.
2:00 PM: CROP Walk at Marbles Museum
October 27: CROP Walk
October 27: No Hillyer Live or Youth Groups, Come to the CROP Walk
November 10: Hillyer Youth Fundraiser from 6:00 – 8:00 at Moe’s in Cameron Village
November 10: No Hillyer Live or Youth Groups, Come to Moe’s
November 22 – 23: Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In
November 24: JYF PrimeTimers Luncheon
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, come walk in the CROP Walk to help raise money and awareness for hunger around the world and in your own community.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!