Hillyer Youth News, October 17, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! Can you believe it’s already the middle of October…I’m glad it’s finally cooled off…what a reLEAF! See what’s happening in our church family so you are not FALL-ing behind.
Highlights for the Week…
- Regular youth groups will resume this week. Hillyer Live will start at 4:15, followed by Snack Supper at 6:00, and then youth groups at 6:30. See you there! And bring a friend!
- Caroline and I will be out of town with limited access to email for the next two weeks for vacation. We will try to respond to as many emails as possible, but if you have any questions that need immediate attention, please contact David Mallory or Lynne McHaney.
- Next week is the CROP Walk through the streets of downtown Raleigh on Sunday, October 27. The Hillyer walkers will either meet at the church at 1:30 pm or meet at Marbles Museum at 2:00 pm. All proceeds from this event support Church World Service ministries to feed the hungry in our community and our world. Hillyer has always taken a lead role in this ministry. Last year we had more than 50 walkers and raised more than $5,000 dollars. This year we are aiming to exceed both goals. The signup table will be located in the Fellowship Hall every Sunday leading up to the walk or you can register online at http://www.cropwalkraleigh.com/. Make sure you signup to join the Hillyer team. For more information, contact Dave Buckey or Bonnie Cole.
- There will be no Hillyer Live or Youth Groups next Sunday, October 27th. We are encouraging everyone to come out and walk in the CROP Walk instead.
- On November 10th, Moe’s at Cameron Village will be hosting a Hillyer Youth Fundraiser from 6:00 – 8:00. Please mark your calendar for this delicious event! All you have to do is eat and Hillyer gets paid!
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday). You can also contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) if you would prefer.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in November or December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying the Prophet Isaiah this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Karen Hammond is bringing dinner! Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group
October 20: Regular Hillyer Live and Youth Groups
October 27: CROP Walk
October 27: No Hillyer Live or Youth Groups, Come to the CROP Walk
November 10: Hillyer Youth Fundraiser from 6:00 – 8:00 at Moe’s in Cameron Village
November 10: No Hillyer Live or Youth Groups, Come to Moe’s
November 22 – 23: Chi Rho Christmas Parade Lock In
November 24: JYF PrimeTimers Luncheon
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, bring a friend to church. Sometimes the best thing we can do as friends is to share the love of our amazing church family!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!