Hillyer Youth News, October 3, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! I hope you had a God-filled week! See what’s happening in our church family…
Highlights for this week…
- If you are free this Saturday, please consider meeting at Hillyer on Saturday, October 5 at 8:15am to help glean sweet potatoes for our community. The event will last until about 12:00. If you are interested, please contact Martha Fletcher at 919-618-6824 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great way to give back and log a few service hours as well. It’s a win-win!
- This Mission Trip Thank You Lunch is this Sunday at 12:00. If you attended one of the mission trips this summer, please plan on helping, cooking, serving, cleaning, and sharing stories at this event as a way to say thank you to the congregation who supported you during this mission trip. We will share a meal together, tell stories, share laughs, and tell people where we saw God on the mission trips. Please meet in the Fellowship Hall during the Sunday School hour if you can help out.
- The Youth Website has changed to http://youth.hillyerchurch.org/. The other website will be shut down at the end of the month. The websites are identical.
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday. You can also contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) if you would prefer.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in November or December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: Mission Trip Thank You Lunch Preparation If you attended the Chi Rho or CYF Mission Trip, please meet in the Fellowship Hall to help set up.
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! JOY will be studying the Prophet Isaiah this month. All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the Calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper Patricia Crawford is bringing dinner! Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
6:30 – 7:30: Youth Group
- October 11 – 13: All Church Retreat
- October 13: No Youth Groups this week
- October 27: CROP Walk Raleigh 2013 from 2:00 – 4:00
- October 27: No Youth Group
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, meet at church at 8:15 to help glean sweet potatoes. Give back! Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!