Hillyer Youth News, September 26, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents! I hope you had a God-filled week! Read below to see what’s happening in our church family…
Highlights for this week…
- There is no Hillyer Live, Chi Rho, or CYF this Sunday. Only JYF will be meeting for youth groups.
- This weekend is the Chi Rho and CYF Fall Retreat at Camp Caroline. If you are going on the retreat, please be at the church at 4:45 on Friday. The van is leaving at 5:00. Scott Gray, Amanda Jones, and Bridget Caulder will be driving everyone down. We will be returning on Sunday around 1:30. Youth need money for dinner on the way down and lunch on the way back.
- Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday. You can also contact Susan Gray (email@example.com) if you would prefer.
- Parents…Caroline and I need volunteers to help out with the Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Church. If you are free one Sunday in November or December, please consider signing up online or contact me (Lhmiles2@gmail.com). Youth, if you would like to help out, please talk with your parents as we have to have someone over the age of 18 in each room to volunteer, but we would love for you to sign up with them.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!
Youth This Week…
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School
All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! See you then!
6:00: Snack Supper This week the Lee and Tom Willoughby Harris are bringing dinner! Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max.
- October 6 at 12:00 after the 11:00 service: Mission Trip Thank You Lunch — If you attended one of the mission trips this summer, please plan on helping, cooking, serving, cleaning, and sharing stories at this event as a way to say thank you to the congregation who supported you during this mission trip. We will share a meal together, tell stories, share laughs, and tell people where we saw God on the mission trips. Tom Gillaspy will be in touch with some of you guys who attended the mission trips to see if you would help with the programming.
- October 11 – 13: All Church Retreat
- October 27: CROP Walk Raleigh 2013
Connect with God…
This week, to connect to God, pick up a piece of trash to help clean up God’s creation. He created this beautiful world for us to live in so lets help keep it that way.