Hillyer Youth News, September 13, 2013
1 Timothy 4:12
LOL (Live Out Loud)
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents!
I hope you had a God-filled week! I hope you are excited for youth groups this week! Remember this is the first week of Hillyer Live, so come sing and ring with us from 4:15-6:00. It is also my last Sunday at Hillyer. I would love to see you at Hillyer to be able to tell you goodbye and say thank you for the many ways I have seen God in you all.
If you missed the parent meeting last week, you can find all the important documents on this website. The calendar is available under the calendar tab. Under forms you can find the health and permission form for this year, the fall retreat form, snack supper sign up, sponsor’s contact info, and more! All forms can be emailed into Luke Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the church office. You can also find a link to a parent survey that will help guide our search committee and new pastor in their planning of youth ministry at Hillyer here: http://hillyeryouth.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/anonymous-survey-for-parents/
Below are details for what is going on in Hillyer Youth Ministries in the next few weeks! Come join us!
Highlights for this week…
- Tonight is a movie night at the church! Come at 8 PM and watch a movie under the stars. It is free but donations are welcomed to support ASP (Appalachian Service Project) The movie is October Sky.
- Sunday School Breakfast out! Chi Rho and CYF come to church by 9:30 to head out to Big Ed’s for breakfast. Bring $10.
- Hillyer Live Begins: 4:15-6:00…come try singing and ringing as a way to praise God
- Chi Rho and Fall Retreat forms are due to the church office by September 20th
- Next week for youth group we will be serving others! Make sure you are the by 6 PM so you are ready to leave with your group. We will still be back by 7:30
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!
God bless you,
Youth This Week
8 PM: Movie Night at the Church
Come watch the movie “October Sky” under the stars! There is a free will offering that will support ASP (Appalachia Service Project)
9:30: GROW (6th-12th grade) Sunday School Field Trip to Big Ed’s
Meet in the CYF room to head to Big Ed’s for breakfast. Bring $10. We will leave by 9:30 so get there a little early. We will be back by worship at 11 AM.
9:45 AM: JOY Sunday School
All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live
Come praise God through the arts! We have handbells, handchimes, theater, and choir! Check the Calendar page for the schedule. Everyone is welcome! No previous experience required. These groups will perform throughout the year.
6:00: Snack Supper
This week the Rashleigh’s are bringing dinner! Yum! Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 for a great meal and time with your friends. The cost is $3 a person with a $10 family max. Every family is asked to host Snack Supper once during the year. If you haven’t signed up yet you can do it now http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49A8AB2CABF94-sunday
6:30-7:30: Youth Groups
We will play games, make group covenants, write our prayers in our God Can, have a final deep talk with Allison, and a few other surprises!
- September 20: Camp Caroline Chi Rho and CYF Fall Retreat Forms due to Hillyer
- September 22: Service Night! JYF will make Will Be Fed Bags, Chi Rho will go to Love Wins, and CYF will go to the Diaper Train
- September 27-29: Chi Rho and CYF Fall Retreat at Camp Caroline
- September 29: Only JYF will meet (no Hillyer Live)
Connect with God
This week, to connect to God, trying doing a secret act of kindness! Find someone who is having a hard day and share love with them! Remember, that every day, God shares love with us! We are richly blessed!
Make a Difference and Live your Faith Out Loud!
- Bring diapers to church to give to the Diaper Train and families in need in Raleigh. Sizes 1,2,3 are most needed.
- Come to the movie night tonight and support the ministries of ASP!