Hillyer Youth News, May 3rd 2013
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents!
I hope you had a God-filled week! I can’t begin to tell you how proud I am of each of you for the ways you led worship last Sunday! It was a God-filled worship. I have heard from numerous people how moved they were by the worship.
Below are details for what is going on in Hillyer Youth Ministries in the next few weeks! Come join us!
Highlights for this week…
- Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser is this Saturday (May 4th). All youth arrive at the Applebee’s on Hillsborough St at 7 AM. Invite your family and friends to come between 8-10 AM. Tickets are $7 per person. We will be finished by 10 AM. Wear closed-toe shoes.
- Special youth group this week! Meet at Pullen Park shelter #5 for games and fun from 2-4 PM. I have heard there will be a game of ultimate dodge sock! This will be youth for the evening.
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!
God bless you,
Youth This Week
7 AM- 10:00 AM: Pancake Fundraiser
Youth (3rd-12th grade) meet at 7 AM at the Applebee’s on Hillsborough Street (across from Meredith College). Invite your friends and family to come eat between 8-10 AM. Money raised supports mission trips, YES Fund, and the Bundy Scholarship. If you have are going on a mission trip or using any YES scholarships it is important that you are there as we raise money to help save you and your family money this summer as we do ministry together. Plus it is really fun!
9:45 AM: JOY and GROW Sunday School
All JYF youth head to the third floor for JOY Sunday School! Allison will be teaching this week…it will be fun! All Chi Rho-CYF youth head to the CYF room! We will have donuts and learn about wise Solomon. See you then!
12:00: Senior Lunch: What is life like after high school?
All high school seniors and their families are invited to the fellowship hall to meet with college students and parents to talk about life after high school. Plus we will have a yummy lunch!
2:00-4:00 PM: Youth Group at Pullen Park
All youth (JYF, Chi Rho, and CYF) come to Pullen Park shelter #5. It is by the aquatics center, and has it’s own parking lot. We will play games, eat snacks, and have a great time! I have heard rumors that there will be a rousing game of Ultimate Dodge Sock! We will be joining the Saint Paul’s youth group.
- May 19th: Senior Sunday!
- May 25th: Last day to sign up for camps and mission trips
- June 2nd: End of Year Parties
Connect with God
This week, to connect to God, trying doing a secret act of kindness! Find someone who is having a hard day and share love with them! Remember, that every day, God shares love with us! We are richly blessed!
Make a Difference and Love Big!
- Bring in your quarters this Sunday for our Stop Hunger Now quarter collection. Our goal is 5000 quarters…So skip a soda this weekend and use those quarters to provide a meal to someone who is hungry. Bring your quarters to Allison.
- CYF and Chi Rho, sign up for the mission trips this summer to the Appalachian Mountains! It’s not too late.