Hillyer Youth News, April 14th
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents!
I hope you had a God-filled week and enjoyed the sunshine! Read below for details on what is coming up at Hillyer and how you can be involved. A few highlights…
- This Sunday (April 14th) Chi Rho and CYF will be joining with Disciples youth from St. Pauls, Wake Forest, and Covenant to learn about human trafficking and what we can do to help end it! JYF will be working on Youth Sunday!
- JYF meets at 10:45 this Sunday morning to practice for your Moment for Mission about Stop Hunger Now. Meet at the office doors.
Read below for more details and to see what is coming up!
God bless you,
Youth This Week
9:45: GROW and JOY Sunday School
6th-12th grade meet in the youth lounge. K-5th grade meet on the third floor! We will learn together more about the Bible and what it means for us today
10:45: JYF meet at Church Office Doors
JYF meet Ms. Sylvia at the office doors to prepare for your Moment for Mission in worship about our Stop Hunger Now quarter campaign! Even if you missed last week’s meeting, we still have a part for you!
4:15-6:00: Hillyer Live
4:15-5:00 PM: Youth Bells (6th-12th grade)
4:30-5:00 PM: Children’s Alleluia Choir (K-5th grade)
5:00-5:30 PM: Theater (K-12th grade)
5:30-6:00 PM: Youth Celebrate! Choir (6th-12th grade)
5:30-6:00 PM: Children’s Hand Chimes (3rd-5th grade)
6:00: Snack Supper
Nora Winchester and Hollie Kernan have a great meal of hot dogs, chips and fruit planned! Come eat and enjoy! Remember snack supper is $3 a person and a $10 family max.
During dinner Chi Rho will be working on their art project for Youth Sunday.
6:30-7:30: Youth Group
JYF: We will be writing the children’s sermon for Youth Sunday! Come bring your creative minds and I’ll see you soon!
Chi Rho and CYF: We will be learning more about human trafficking in our state and what we can do to help end it!
- April 21st: JYF, Chi Rho and CYF will be placing the final touches on Youth Sunday. If you will be in Youth Sunday please plan to be there for this night at youth group
- April 27th: 10 AM YOUTH SUNDAY rehearsal. Everyone in CYF who plans to be in youth Sunday should be there!
- May 5th: We will be having youth group from 2-4 PM. We will be playing at Pullen Park! You don’t want to miss it. There will be no Hillyer Live this night.
Connect with God
This week, to connect with God, spend sometime outside in the beautiful weather! Give thanks to God for all of the beautiful nature that God created. Soak in the sunshine and think about how you can soak in God’s love and then share it with the world around you! Remember, you are loved by God!
Make a Difference and Love Big!
You have 2 ways to make a difference and Love Big this week!
- First, bring your quarters to church to collect for our Stop Hunger Now meal on June 9th. Every quarter equals one meal for a person who is hungry. Our goal is 5000 quarters! Bring your quarters to Allison or to a JYF member.
- Come and learn about human trafficking on Sunday night and how you can help!