Hillyer Youth News, March 29, 2013
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents!
I hope you are having a wonderful beginning to your spring break and a sacred Holy Week. Wherever you are, try to find a place to worship this weekend. Spend some time reading the stories in the gospels of Jesus death and resurrection. Spend some time in prayer. Remember that Jesus is alive! God’s love has won out over all hate, God’s life has won out over all death. In God we have nothing to fear. God is making all things new. Jesus is alive and because of that we too can find new life in God!
Here is what is going on in youth group in the next couple of weeks…
- We will not have youth group or Hillyer Live this Sunday night for Easter.
- If you are interested in counseling camp this summer (open to youth 16 and older and adults) sign up for the counselor training at Hillyer on May 8th. Click here to sign up: http://hillyeryouth.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/be-a-church-camp-counselor/
- Join us Saturday April 6th to serve breakfast to our homeless neighbors at Moore Square park with Love Wins!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!
God bless you,
Youth This Week
- 6:15 AM: Sunrise Worship
Come join us for the Sunrise Worship service with other Raleigh church’s at the Capital building downtown! It is informal. David will be preaching and the Grace and Peace singers will be singing! Come celebrate Jesus’ light breaking through the darkness as we watch the sun break through the darkness!
- 9:00 AM: Baptismal WorshipCome join us as we celebrate baptism! Reid, Ashlyn, Max, and Ben will be baptized into the family of God! Come worship with them and remember the new life that God calls each of us too!
- 9:50: JOY and GROW Sunday School Come celebrate the Easter miracle and learn more about what Jesus’ resurrection really means for us today! JOY will meet in Holy Land and GROW in the youth lounge.
- 11:00 AM: Easter Worship We will celebrate that Christ is risen! The most exciting day of our year as Christians! Come join us and celebrate together!
- April 7: Bundy Scholarship Applications due to the church office for graduating seniors
- April 6: Volunteer Opportunity: We will be joining with the young adults of Hillyer to serve breakfast to our homeless friends in Moore Square Park through Love Wins! If you are interested in helping to serve email Allison at email@example.com. Bring your family or friends and help us love our neighbors in God’s big ways!
- April 7th: Youth group and Hillyer Live are back! We will be working on Youth Sunday and our Stop Hunger Now quarter collection! You don’t want to miss it.
- April 14th: A very special youth group….Speakers will be coming to teach us more about the terrors of Human Trafficking and what we can do to make a difference.
Connect with God
On Easter, Mary Magdalene was the first to see Jesus alive. She left the tomb running with great excitement to tell everyone that she had seen the Lord! Where have you seen the Lord? Where have you seen God alive in your world? Where have you seen hope come to places that seemed hopeless or love come to places that seemed so filled with hate and apathy? This week, be like Mary! Go tell the good news the hope has come to the dark places, love has come to the world, YOU have seen the Lord! Give God thanks!
Make a Difference and Love Big!
Join us on Saturday April 6th to share God’s big love with our neighbors who are homeless by serving breakfast in the park. Call or email Allison if you want to join us! It will be great fun.