Hillyer Youth News, March 15, 2013
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents!
I hope you had a God-filled week. Check out the info below to learn more about youth in the next few weeks. Make sure to read to the bottom…there you can find ways to connect with God this week and share God’s love in big ways! A couple important things to highlight:
- This Sunday (March 17th) is Camp Registration Sunday! If you register for camps, mission trips or General Assembly by Sunday you will be entered into a drawing for a free camp. Read below for more details!
- Next Sunday (March 24th) is Palm Sunday! Chi Rho and CYF youth will meet at 9:50 AM to help prepare the Easter Egg Hunt. At Noon Chi Rho and CYF will help lead the Egg hunt. JYF will be egg hunting at noon!
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!
God bless you,
Youth This Week
Wear your favorite CAMP T-SHIRT to church to help us advertise Camp Sunday!
9:45: Sunday School
This week at GROW we will be helping with camp registration. Meet in the Fellowship Hall.
12:00: CAMP AND MISSION TRIP REGISTRATION
4:15-6:00 PM: Hillyer Live!
4:15-5:00 PM: Youth Bells (6th-12th grade)
4:30-5:00 PM: Children’s Alleluia Choir (K-5th grade)
5:00-5:30 PM: Theater (K-12th grade)
5:30-6:00 PM: Youth Celebrate! Choir (6th-12th grade)
5:30-6:00 PM: Children’s Hand Chimes (3rd-5th grade)
6:00-6:30: Snack Supper by the Hammond family! Bring $3 for a great meal!
6:30-7:30: JYF, Chi Rho, and CYF
JYF will be preparing to lead our Stop Hunger Now Quarter campaign! JYF come join us as we work to end hunger and Love Big!
CHI RHO will be doing playing, laughing and learning about Holy Week
CYF will be thinking about the cross. As we near Holy Week and Easter we will think about what the cross means and what Jesus’ resurrection might mean for us as well
- March 17: Camp Sunday This is the day to sign up and register for camps and mission trips this summer! If you register this day you have a chance of winning a free camp or mission trip! You must turn in a registration form and pay for at least %50 of the cost of your summer event to be entered in the drawing. Also, don’t forget to bring your insurance form so we can make copies. You can register for Camp, Mission Trips, and/or General Assembly
- March 22: Defy Gravity Lock-In Don’t forget to RSVP for this great night for Chi Rho and CYF! Space is limited. Look for more details coming soon.
- March 24: Easter Egg Hiding CYF and Chi Rho will be the Easter Bunnies helpers and will hide eggs for the church easter egg hunt. Come at 9:45 to help hide.
- March 28: Prayer Vigil The church has committed to 24 hours of prayer between Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. You can sign up for a 30 minute slot to come and pray at the church. Come with friends or with your family. This is a great way to spend time with God as we remember Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection on Easter!
Connect with God
A part of Lent is about remembering the last week of Jesus’ life. We remember his death and resurrection. We remember that, through Jesus, we learn that God’s love is bigger than the worst hate and violence we can imagine. We remember that life in God is greater than death! We remember that, because of Jesus, we have nothing to fear.
This week, take time to remember the last week of Jesus’ life. Read the last several chapters of the Gospel of Luke. Read about how Jesus entered Jerusalem, washed the feet of his friends, died on the cross, and rose again on Easter morning.