Hillyer Youth News, March 1 2013
Hi Hillyer Youth and Parents!
I hope you had a God-filled week. Check out the info below to learn more about youth in the next few weeks. Make sure to read to the bottom…there you can find ways to connect with God this week and share God’s love in big ways! A couple important things to highlight:
- This Sunday is Daylight Savings Time. Don’t forget to set your clocks an hour earlier.
- Next Sunday (March 17th) is Camp Registration Sunday!
- There are still a few spots left for our Defy Gravity Lock In. We are also looking for some fabulous adults to help out. Sign up here http://hillyeryouth.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/defy-gravity-rsvp-form/
Remember you are deeply loved by God and called to share that love with the world around you!
God bless you,
Youth This Week
Spring Forward Time Change.
Wear your favorite CAMP T-SHIRT to church to help us advertise for Camp Sunday!
9:45: Sunday School
This week at GROW we will learn about Lent! We will be talking about Holy Week. Come GROW with us.
4:15-6:00 PM: Hillyer Live!
4:15-5:00 PM: Youth Bells (6th-12th grade)
4:30-5:00 PM: Children’s Alleluia Choir (K-5th grade)
5:00-5:30 PM: Theater (K-12th grade)
5:30-6:00 PM: Youth Celebrate! Choir (6th-12th grade)
5:30-6:00 PM: Children’s Hand Chimes (3rd-5th grade)
6:00-6:30: Snack Supper by the Willoughby family! Bring $3 for a great meal!
6:30-7:30: JYF, Chi Rho, and CYF
JYF will be preparing to lead our Stop Hunger Now Quarter campaign! JYF come join us as we work to end hunger and Love Big!
CHI RHO will be doing Deep Talk!
CYF will be led by Scott Gray and we will learn more about what sin is. At deep talk a couple of weeks ago we were wondering about the rules in the Bible-which ones still matter, do some matter more than others, when we break the rules in the Bible are we sinning-we will discuss this and more! Come join us for a great conversation.
- March 15: ASP Talent Show Come to church at 7 for a VERY COOL Talent Show and Coffee House. The fellowship hall will be transformed into a coffee house and you will get to see people like: Annie Snodgrass, Sarah Jewell, Jamie Eubanks, The Gillaspys, and more show off their amazing talent! Plus…you will be helping the ASP (Appalachian Service Project) team raise money to help love our neighbors! Invite your friends! You will be having BIG FUN and LOVING BIG all in one night! What could be better?
- March 17: Camp Sunday This is the day to sign up and register for camps and mission trips this summer! If you register this day you have a chance of winning a free camp or mission trip! Check out the dates for camps and mission trips on the forms page of this website.
- March 22: Defy Gravity Lock-In Don’t forget to RSVP for this great night for Chi Rho and CYF! Space is limited
- March 24: Easter Egg Hiding CYF and Chi Rho will be the Easter Bunnies helpers and will hide eggs for the church easter egg hunt. Come at 9:45 to help hide.
- March 28: Prayer Vigil The church has committed to 24 hours of prayer between Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. You can sign up for a 30 minute slot to come and pray at the church. Come with friends or with your family. This is a great way to spend time with God as we remember Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection on Easter!
Connect with God
A part of Lent is about remembering the last week of Jesus’ life. We remember his death and resurrection. We remember that, through Jesus, we learn that God’s love is bigger than the worst hate and violence we can imagine. We remember that life in God is greater than death! We remember that, because of Jesus, we have nothing to fear.
This week, take time to remember the last week of Jesus’ life. Read the last several chapters of the Gospel of Mark. Read about how Jesus entered Jerusalem, washed the feet of his friends, died on the cross, and rose again on Easter morning.
Make a Difference
- Come to the ASP Talent Show on Friday and make a difference for our neighbors in Appalachia!